PALEXPO SA, COMMITTED
Palexpo is committed to sustainability since 1993.
It makes every effort to reduce the impact of its activities on the environment and involves all its employees in this process
It collaborates with partners and suppliers who have a real sustainable development policy
It encourages and supports its clients in holding sustainable events
ISO 20121 : 2012
Palexpo SA has been certified ISO 20121 since 2018. This standard which is dedicated to the events industry, certifies that its activities are carried out in a sustainable manner and its buildings operated in an environmentally friendly manner. This standard involves setting objectives and, each year, Palexpo is audited to ensure that they are being met. These objectives are aligned with the UNSDG 2030 agenda and ensure continuous improvement.
Palexpo applies the logic: avoid or reduce, reuse and recycle.
AVOID OR REDUCE
- Reducing carbon emissions by sourcing 95% of its products locally (avoiding long transport of goods);
- Reducing water and electricity consumption through automation and programming
- Encouraging sustainable behavior among exhibitors and organizers;
- Inviting visitors to use ecological means of transportation to get to Palexpo.
- 100% use of renewable energy sources: hydraulic and solar, thanks to the 30,000 m2 of photovoltaic panels on the roof of Palexpo. Palexpo is the second largest solar power plant in the country. This installation currently covers the equivalent of the annual needs of 1,350 households;
- Biomethanization of food scraps, the biogas of which is used to fuel the truck that comes to collect the waste.
- 75% of the waste is recycled. The remaining 25% is incinerated and used for the city’s district heating system, which benefits Palexpo;
- 50% of waste is recycled and sorted on site, the rest is processed by an external partner;
- The exhibition carpet offered to our clients is 100% recyclable.